Are you looking for a chiropractor near Seaford? Chiropractic care is a non-invasive treatment option focusing on both the nervous and musculoskeletal systems. It takes a hands-on and drug-free approach to healthcare when treating patients. Chiropractic has been found to be one of the best alternatives to traditional medicine. Practicing doctors work on treating the spine and surrounding areas through techniques such as spinal manipulation or adjustment. It’s believed that with chiropractic treatment we can restore structural integrity to the spine, as well as reducing pressure or pain in surrounding areas to help improve the patient’s well-being. Chiropractic doctors can also specialize in or recommend rehabilitative exercises, therapeutic treatment options, and nutritional advice as well. Our chiropractor near Seaford can make sure that you recover properly from whatever you may feel.
The following conditions can be treated by a Chiropractor:
- Chronic pain
- Back and Neck pain
- Joint pain
- Shoulder pain
- Hip and/or leg pain
- Poor posture
- Sports-related injuries
- Injuries caused by a car accident
- Work-related injuries
If you are experiencing symptoms from the previously stated conditions it may be time to contact a chiropractor. It’s important to get in touch with your doctor when the pain you’re experiencing is recurring on a daily basis. The sooner you make an appointment, the faster we can formulate a treatment plan specific to your needs. With the help of our team at Wiebke Chiropractic, we can not only relieve your pain but help teach you prevention techniques for the future.
Contact Dr. Wiebke by filling out the form below to start your journey to a pain-free life.
Recent Blog Posts From Local Seaford Chiropractor
Do doctors recommend chiropractors near Seaford?
Chiropractic care falls in a grey area between traditional medical care and alternative medicine. While traditional medicine focuses on determining a diagnosis and working to fix symptoms in a specific area, alternative medicine focuses on achieving overall, full-body health through non-traditional, typically natural treatments. Chiropractic looks at treating the whole person and not just one body part. However, it’s holistic nature has not kept doctors from recommending it. Here are some of the many reasons your doctor may suggest visiting your chiropractor near Seaford:
Many studies have demonstrated the pain-relieving effects of chiropractic care. Not only when compared to medication was chiropractic more effective, but it also cost less money for patients. Research has proven several conditions can benefit from seeing a chiropractor, most notably; sciatica, neck pain, headaches, scoliosis, lower back pain, and frozen shoulder.
Chiropractic treatment is not one size fits all. While there are standard tools used for chiropractic sessions, there are numerous modifications that can be made to treat your pain in the most comfortable way possible. This includes different tools to modify adjustments and tables that can be adapted to fit a patient’s body shape or size.
Any severe side effects are extremely rare in chiropractic care. The most common side effect experienced, if any, is some achiness at the site of the adjustment. Compared to the risks of surgery or medication, this is very minimal.
Improper posture is a highly prevalent cause of neck and back pain, as many of us spend days at work hunched over a computer. Life does not have to be painful! Your chiropractor will assess your posture and teach you ways in which you can align your body and prevent these aches and pains.
Patients with chronic conditions may turn to chiropractic to improve their quality of life. If your condition cannot be treated, chiropractic is a great way to learn how to live the most comfortable and least painful experience you can.
Nutrition and exercise suggestions
Your chiropractor will suggest ways in which you can take your recovery into your own hands and work on controlling your pain while you are at home.
While medication may help relieve pain in some cases, it is only masking the pain. Chiropractic works to treat the root cause of the issue and does not come with the addictive side effects of pain medication. Whether you are looking to reduce medication use or are just looking for a more natural solution, chiropractic is an excellent option for you!
Whether you are injured from a work or auto accident, chiropractic can help you find relief. Specifically, whiplash, the most common injury associated with car accidents, can be treated quickly and safely with chiropractic care. Visit Wiebke Chiropractic, a chiropractor near Seaford who can help you to a speedy recovery.
Chiropractic adjustments are quick and non-invasive. You will leave your session feeling relaxed and realigned, and there is no recovery needed from this treatment.
Works with other pain treatments
Because chiropractic is drug-free and non-invasive, it can be used in tandem with another method to maximize the success of the treatments.
There is a reason why all 32 NFL teams have at least one chiropractor on staff! Sports take a severe toll on the body, and chiropractic care is a crucial instrument for recovery. In addition to treating injuries, chiropractic helps increase mobility, enhance performance, and most importantly preventing injury in the first place.
It’s no wonder why doctors recommend chiropractic care! Are you searching for a chiropractor near Seaford? Take a step towards achieving full-body health and contact Wiebke Chiropractic today! Our committed staff will get you to your full potential as quickly and safely as possible. Visit our website or give us a call to schedule an appointment.
Correcting Poor Posture
In addition to causing neck and pain aches, Harvard Health has linked poor posture to several other causes. Serial slouching can weaken the pelvic floor (leading to incontinence), promote constipation, and cause heartburn/slow digestion because of the unnatural pressure placed on abdominal muscles in this position. It’s never too late to make a change! If you are experiencing back/neck pain and muscle fatigue, your posture may be to blame. Contact Wiebke Chiropractic and our chiropractor near Seaford to begin your path to full-body wellness today!
Some signs you may have poor posture:
- Rounded upper back
- Lower back arch
- Uneven hips or pelvis
- Back pain
- Hunched shoulders
- Muscle fatigue
- Forward (or backward) leaning head
- Spinal dysfunction
What can a chiropractor do to correct poor posture?
- Identify a baseline – The chiropractor will perform a series of tests to evaluate your starting posture. They will also assess for any joint dysfunction in the spine or joints.
- Suggest exercises – Your treatment plan will likely include a variety of exercises to build postural support. This may include strengthening the upper back, neck, and core muscles; and including stretches to relieve muscle tension and increasing body awareness.
- Environmental modifications – Our chiropractor will offer customized solutions to make your workspace manageable for you. Suggestions may include changing seat height, the distance of a computer monitor, or keyboard.
- Correct spinal misalignment – Once a joint dysfunction is identified, your chiropractor will correct it through manual adjustments. This will also free up tension in the back and allow for greater mobility.
- Measure and track progress throughout treatment – Your chiropractor will continually evaluate your progress and compare it back to your baseline results to keep your recovery on the right path.
Chiropractor near Seaford for Posture Correction
No matter the cause of your pain, our chiropractor near Seaford at Wiebke Chiropractic is dedicated to helping you return to your full potential as quickly and safely as possible. Our expert staff has years of experience treating various injuries and conditions. Let us help you relieve your pain and get you back to doing the things you love! Visit our website or give us a call at (516) 799 – 6696 to schedule your appointment today!
Can a Chiropractor near Seaford Help a Shoulder Injury?
Shoulder pain is one of the most common complaints we hear in our practice. The shoulder is much more flexible and free moving than other joints like the elbow or ankle which leaves it more susceptible to injury. Many daily activities can contribute to shoulder pain such as carrying heavy bags, spending extended time on the computer/phone, or sleeping in poor positions. If you’re experiencing shoulder pain, a visit to our chiropractor near Seaford could be the key to your recovery. Visit Wiebke Chiropractic, and start your path to healing!
Types of Shoulder Injury
- Arthritis – Arthritis refers to the wearing away of the cartilage on the ball/socket of the shoulder joint. This may result in shoulder stiffness and pain.
- Frozen Shoulder – Frozen shoulder is a thickening of the shoulder capsule causing pain, stiffness, and eventually loss of range of motion.
- Rotator cuff tear – An injury to the rotator cuff is caused by repetitive straining motions. (Example: work tasks, swimming, gymnastics, etc.)
- Shoulder Dislocation – A partial or complete shoulder dislocation occurs when the upper arm bone is partly or fully out of the socket. This type of injury may cause numbness, bruising, weakness, ligament tears, or nerve damage.
- Shoulder Impingement – Also known as swimmer’s shoulder, shoulder impingement is the result of the repetitive pressure on the rotator cuff, bursa, and tendons.
- Bursitis – Bursitis is an inflammation of the bursae, small fluid-filled sacs that cushion joints to prevent rubbing from muscles, bones, and tendons.
How Can a Chiropractor Help?
Chiropractic care seeks to understand the body as a whole and how each of its parts interact. For this reason, our chiropractor near Seaford will examine your shoulder, as well as your spine, arm, and wrist to see how the shoulder is affected. Once the root of your pain has been identified, treatment can begin. Depending on your injury, various methods may be implemented.
- Adjustments – Manual manipulations will be performed to realign the shoulders, neck, and upper back. This is especially beneficial in preventing muscle spasms and relieving overall discomfort. Tools like a drop table or reflex hammer may be incorporated to provide additional relief.
- Posture correction – Poor posture is a very common cause of shoulder pain. Your chiropractor will teach you ways in which you can adjust your posture and also suggest environmental changes that can make your daily activities less strenuous.
- Targeted exercise – Your chiropractor will suggest specific stretches and exercises relieve tension and strengthen shoulder muscles. Additional exercises to strengthen the neck and upper back muscles may also be recommended to support the shoulders
- Electrostimulation therapy – This painless method treats muscles with electric waves to promote your body’s natural healing abilities by stimulating blood flow.
- Massage – Massage may be incorporated into treatment to improve a patient’s range of motion, as well as relieve tightness and stiffness.
Local Chiropractor near Seaford
If you or someone you know is suffering from shoulder pain, contact Wiebke Chiropractic, a chiropractor near Seaford, toady! Our experienced staff is dedicated to providing high-quality care to our patients. Visit our website or give us a call at (516) 799 – 6696 to learn how we can help you reach your fullest potential!
Can a Chiropractor Near Seaford Help with Balance Problems?
If you’re dealing with balance problems, everyday tasks may become impossible to complete. A feeling of dizziness or sensation that your world is spinning can be detrimental to your quality of life. Whether your balance issue is from vertigo or a variety of other causes, Wiebke Chiro can offer the assistance you need. Visiting a chiropractor near Seaford can make all the difference.
Balance problems can often leave you feeling dizzy, unsteady, and light-headed. These sensations can rush over you at any time, even if you’re standing up or sitting down. Causes of balance problems can include:
- Head injury
- Inner ear problems
- Poor blood circulation
Should you believe any of the above may be causing your balance issues, chiropractic care may the cure.
What is Vertigo?
If you are suffering from the sensation that either you or the world around you is spinning, you may be suffering from vertigo. This sensation can be touch and go, or last several hours or even days. Other symptoms of vertigo can include:
- Double vision
- Racing Heartbeat
While this condition is not life-threatening, it should still be treated in a timely manner to avoid the off-balance feeling disrupting your daily routine. Luckily, most people who suffer from vertigo make a full recovery and don’t experience it again.
Treatment of Balance Problems
If you’re experiencing balance problems, getting in touch with a Chiropractor near Seaford can resolve your issue. The sooner an appointment is made, the faster a treatment plan can be formulated that meets your specific needs. Services that can be performed may include:
- Spinal Manipulation Therapy
- Spinal Mobilization
- Logan Technique
Wiebke Chiro is dedicated to your well being. If it is determined that an alignment issue is causing your balance problems, one of the above methods can be used to get you back on your feet with no lingering issues.
No one wants to put up with a balance problem. The constant feeling of being off-balance can be disorienting and a major inconvenience to your quality of life. If you’re looking for a Chiropractor near Seaford as a means of correcting your balance, look no further than Wiebke Chiro. Contact us today and you can begin the healing process!
Sciatica Treatment in Seaford
The sciatic nerve is the longest and largest nerve in the body, and it runs from your lower back, through your pelvis, and down to your knees. Pain in the sciatic nerve can be very tough to handle due to its complex nature and soreness can spread through other regions associated with the nerve given its inter-connectivity with other nerves in the lower region of the body. Pain can be generalized as tingling or electric shocks along the regions associated with the sciatic nerve and numbness that can also spread throughout the leg or specific regions given the nature of your condition. Treatments are widely available and can also be arranged through chiropractic care. If you or someone you know is suffering from sciatic pain, look into our chiropractor in Seaford at Wiebke Chiropractic!
Nerve pain can be tough to handle, especially because the areas affected are so widely spread out. More often than not, individuals mistake their nerve pain for muscle pain and believe muscle relaxers or common painkillers will do the trick. Ignoring your condition can only make it worse, so it’s important for those facing nerve pain to get diagnosed and look into various forms of treatment that may be available.
Seaford Chiropractic Care
Looking into chiropractic care for your sciatica can be one of the most beneficial steps you can take on your way to recovery. Sciatica is caused by nerve compression along the lumbar region and since chiropractors are experts in decompression of the spine, they can provide a tremendous amount of relief to your condition. However, since there are many causes of sciatica, it’s important that you are diagnosed with your condition before you seek any type of chiropractic treatment.
There is a variety of way chiropractors can treat your condition. Some of these approaches include:
- Ice/cold therapy – By providing direct contact of ice or coolness to your area of inflammation, your pain can be controlled and relieved.
- Ultrasound – This approach uses gentle heat to penetrate under the skin and around deep into tissues providing relief from swelling, inflammation, pain, and spasms.
- TENS – TENS or transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation provides by stimulating muscles and nerves associated by applying varying intensities of electrical currents to the areas affected.
- Spinal adjustments – Adjustments will assure that compressed vertebrae and spinal columns are freed up, providing much-needed relief to nerves and endings associated.
Going through sciatica can be tough to deal with especially if you haven’t yet been diagnosed. But, by getting your diagnosis and finding different forms of treatments available, namely, Chiropractic care, you can rest assure that you will find relief from this otherwise harsh condition. Contact Wiebke Chiropractic, and our leading chiropractor in Seaford can give you the help you need. We will do everything we can to make sure your condition improves.