Dr. Wiebke has been providing chiropractic care since 1993. Before opening his doors to the Massapequa community, he attended The National University of Health Sciences and graduated with his Doctor Of Chiropractic. Since then he has treated patients suffering from various health issues involving the nervous and musculoskeletal systems.
Wiebke Chiropractic is committed to high-quality quality chiropractic care in our beautiful state-of-the-art facility. Dr. Wiebke practices cutting-edge treatments and techniques available in order to reduce pain and improve quality of life.
We are committed to helping our patients get back to the activities they love.
Serving the Massapequa community for 26 years, Dr. Wiebke and his team provide expert treatment for a wide variety of injuries and conditions.
We provide personalized hands-on treatment in our office and education you can take home with you, enabling you to become an active participant in your recovery and future physical health.
Benefits of Seeing a Chiropractor
When your car has a problem, you don’t wait to get it fixed. Whether it’s something as simple as getting an oil change or fixing the breaks, it’s important to take care of your car because it’s important. However, when it comes to our bodies, we’re not always so proactive.
If you’re one of those people who push off making a doctor visit, answer this: When was the last time you felt 100 percent? Maybe it’s time you make yourself a top priority. Seeing a chiropractor in Massapequa could be the start of a new and healthier you!
A chiropractor can administer a variety of different treatment techniques to give you the help you. Some of these treatments chiropractors usually use include:
- Spinal Manipulation Therapy – Also known as a high-velocity low-amplitude (HVLA) thrust, spinal manipulation therapy is the most commonly used chiropractic technique. This technique will usually result in hearing an audible “pop,” as our chiropractor in Massapequa will use their hands to apply force to a joint.
- Spinal Mobilization – Depending on the condition that you’re struggling from, a gentler technique might be more beneficial in terms of bringing pain relief. This involves slow movement, and it is used to mobilize the joint.
- Flexion Distraction – If you suffer from scoliosis, herniated discs, or constant neck and back pain, flexion distraction is a great option for you! During this treatment, a chiropractor in Massapequa will stretch your back, which in turn aligns the spine. The flexion-distraction is a proven technique that’s used to treat specific back conditions.
- Logan Technique – This involves putting a steady amount of pressure on the spine. This helps the bones in the spine to realign and can also help with reducing migraines and headaches. In addition, the Logan Technique can be used to help reduce pressure and tension in the body.
You don’t have to feel obligated to take medications to relieve your pain. Seeing a chiropractor in Massapequa can help when you’re faced with the choice of suffering through your pain or paying for medicine that you could possibly lead to addiction. Pain relief doesn’t have to come at the cost of your money and your life. Contact Wiebke Chiropractic today and start your road to recovery ASAP!
Recent Blog Posts
Herniated Disc Treatment
Herniated Discs are not the most pleasant thing to experience. They’re quite painful and can lead to many more complications with your health if you don’t act fast. Are you looking for a chiropractor in Massapequa then Wiebke Chiropractic can help solve any of your pain from a herniated disc. For more information on a consultation or to make an appointment, please feel free to contact us for more assistance.
What is it?
A herniated disc is when the jelly-like substance moves from inside the vertebrae of your spinal column. It can bring excruciating pain and if it is not treated correctly in time, it can lead to more problems and even more unbearable pain. It can cause extreme numbness in your arms, legs, fingers, toes, and also it can cause nerve damage around the body. For the most part, people rarely need surgery on this medical problem but can easily be treated with chiropractic care.
There are many ways that a herniated disc could be treated. Each treatment is different and depends on how severe the case is for the patient. Some of the treatments for a herniated disc would include:
- Rest – relieves the swelling and gives your back some time to heal
- Medication – anything over the counter will work (Advil or Motrin)
- Physical Therapy – can help improve your symptoms:
- Stretching Exercises
- Aerobic Exercises
- Ice & Heat
- Ultrasound Therapy
- Injections – An Epidural can help relieve some of the pain.
These are the most common of treatments that you can use to help ease your herniated disc problems.
Preventing a herniated disc is quite simple. When you need to pick up something substantial, make sure you are using your legs and not squatting. Avoid putting any excess pressure on your spine. Also, visiting the chiropractor in Massapequa will help stabilize any problems that could potentially grow into something more. Being careful with physical activity will also improve benefit spine health.
If you find yourself in any pain or feeling numbness around your body due to spinal pain, it may be in your best interest to visit Wiebke Chiropractic to restore your spinal health. The Chiropractor in Massapequa has high priorities of alleviating any pain that their patients may have from herniated discs.
What is a Chiropractic Adjustment?
When dealing with your back or spine, pain in those areas can keep you from doing your daily routine. Many doctors will recommend a chiropractic adjustment or spinal adjustment. It’s non-invasive and can do wonders to get you back on your feet. It’s best to see a doctor or chiropractor so they can correctly direct you and help with any pain. At Wiebke Chiropractic, a chiropractor in Massapequa, we aim to give you the best and quickest recovery possible.
What is an Adjustment?
Chiropractic adjustment or spinal adjustment, SMT for short, is a way of manipulating the body by a series of cracks or turns of your legs and back. This treatment is mostly recommended for people who have back pain often. What this treatment is doing is manipulating your vertebrae to start bending or moving in a certain way. The goal is to increase motion back to the part of the body and to reduce some of the stress on the nerves. This is done usually by a chiropractor using their hands or a small metal tool to help bend and, manipulate your body. It’s a non-invasive approach and, the pain is sometimes minor. If you are looking for a chiropractor in Massapequa, Wiebke Chiropractic can help with all your Chiropractic needs.
What are the Benefits?
Not only is this procedure right for your back it can help with many other problems that can occur as we age. The wear and tear that we put on our bodies can be easily solved with a spinal adjustment. A few other things it may help is:
- A decrease in back pain in less than one month.
- Limit neck pain.
- Tension headaches and migraines.
- Can help lessen the number of seizures for people who have epilepsy.
- A decrease in high blood pressure.
- Help the prevention of scoliosis.
- An overall better athletic performance as spinal adjustment can help increase energy levels.
- People who have insomnia or lack of sleep.
- Someone who has a reduced range of motion.
The list goes on for what a chiropractic adjustment can do for the body. By releasing inevitable tensions and relieving that pressure, your body can work out the problems that may have been caused by your pain. Depending on how bad your pain is and how long it takes your body to recover the process can be longer for anyone. This process is usually a three to six-week process with a recovery time all dependant on how your body reacts.
Chiropractor in Massapequa
Now that you know what this treatment is, talk to a doctor and see if its the best step for you. Nobody should be living with pain, a chiropractor can help fix that for you. Here at Wiebke Chiropractor we offer several services and are here to help you. Contact us to let us help you.